Re: F10 beta: No xorg.conf, where to tweak Synaptics pad?

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:24:58 -0400,
  Adam Jackson <ajax redhat com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 23:29 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >
> > I have had a ticket open since last February where the driver ignores
> > a monitor because it doesn't do EDID and ends up not sending any signal to
> > the DVI port (I suspect it is getting sent to the VGA port). I have to
> > patch xorg-x11-drv-ati everytime a new version becomes available. This
> > actually works pretty well, but is still annoying.
>
> Bug number?  I drown in bugzilla.

It's 431691. It has been looked at before, so I don't know that you'll
be able to do anything more now. Plus it isn't that high of a priority
for me as I have the routine of patching down to where it only takes me
a couple of minutes to do updates. I'd rather have you guys finishing up
the mode setting stuff in time for the release than working on that particular
bug right now.

For the record to make my card work I force MT_DFP to be set for my
monitor instead of MT_NONE (in a way that isn't generally appropiate).
I entered the thread in response to Jesse's request about bugs filed
for issues related to EDID problems.