Re: Grub and Plymouth

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Mike Chambers <mike miketc net> wrote:
> I have an nvidia chipset, and I see the same thing the OP mentioned.  So
> this isn't what is shown with ATI Cards/chipsets?  If not, what do
> *they* see? Is there a screen shot out there somewhere of what *should*
> be shown?

There is a FIXME on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BetterStartup
[I can throw something up there when I sort out my FAS login...]

However even with ATI cards, Plymouth sometimes does the progress bar,
sometimes the pretty infinity thing. Depends maybe on KMS or boot
params.

jerry

--
There's plenty of youth in America - it's time we find the "fountain of smart".