Re: new kernel 2.6.27-1.fc10 does not boot

On 2008-10-10, 21:44 GMT, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> You have /boot on ext4dev?  that's not supposed to work at
> all...
>
> Hm, on further inspection this looks like an ext3 filesystem but with
> test_fs set?  Strange.

Yeah, this was the problem. However, when fixing this, I've made
another disaster -- I unfortuantely removed also test_fs from
/ partition (not only /boot). And the result was pretty wild --
I got panicking kernel on boot with that (Linux refused to mount
/ on  a partition with ext4 filesystem but without test_fs
option). We should really have some protection against stupid
users -- kernel panic is not a good reaction IMHO.

Matěj