resolv.conf hijacking?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Sep 7 03:26:25 UTC 2008

ARRGH! What the devil is hijacking my /etc/resolv.conf file?

I have NetworkManager completely uninstalled on this system
(only NetworkManager-glib still exists due to dependencies).

I have the network service enabled. I have a static IP configured.

But something, somewhere, insists on overwriting my resolv.conf
file.

If I knew who was doing it, I could file a bug report or figure
out how to make it stop, but I have no clues.

Anyone know?

Am I gonna have to write a rc.local script to move resolv.conf.save
back to resolv.conf? :-).