Need help testing updates transition for 8 and 9

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Sep 10 10:46:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, Mike wrote:

> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> From: Mike <mike.cloaked at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Need help testing updates transition for 8 and 9
>
> Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
>

>> We're quite close to releasing the transition fedora-release package to
>> bring users of Fedora 8 and Fedora 9 to the new updates location with
>> the new key.  However we're seeing some mixed results in our limited
>> testing and thus we'd like to open it for a wider testing audience.
>
> Tested with yum for f8 - and apart from a dependency issue for xine and
> needing
> yum update --exclude xine-lib-extras-nonfree --exclude xine-lib
> --exclude xine-lib-arts

This is my first update on F8 since the outage. I have the
same problem with the xine dependency. Please see attached
screenshot for details.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

The mind of the prudent is ever getting knowledge, and the
eear of the wise is ever seeking, inquiring for and craving
knowledge. Pr. 18:15 Amp

TMDA [http://tmda.net]