Sound is completely broken after today's updates

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:41:25 UTC 2008

2008/9/12 Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu>:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 04:14:41PM +0200, Antonio M wrote:
>> I applied today's updates (pulseaudio...and so on) and now my system
>> are mute!!!! this system has always played fine (and now I don't have
>> sound also in system-config-audio, with driver
>> snd-intelx0.
>>
>> Really surprised and annoyed.....I suppose that now I will hear that
>> this is rawhide, baby....just for my information, are the packagers
>> applying any update to their system before issuing updates???
>
> Packagers should be testing the changes locally on their system, yes.
> However, no packager has every combination of hardware, software, and
> configuration history available to test with.  Also, once a package is
> built for rawhide, it ends up in the repo for users to install--there
> is no separate "issue" step for updates to rawhide like there is for
> stable releases.
>
> --

on my other F10 system with different hardware I get the note that no
Gstreamer-plugin has been detected or device for sound control!!!!
Not using strange hardware, a 82801(ICH8) HD audio controller on the
laptob, and a 82801(ICH5/ICH5R) AC97 on the desktop.

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag