Sleepy X after today's rawhide update

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Mon Sep 15 03:30:22 UTC 2008

Andrew Parker <andrewparker at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> After today's updates, I find that if I don't press a key or move the
> mouse for 2-5 seconds then the display freezes until I generate some
> input.
>
> Its rather like a ^S for X.  Its not that the display doesn't get
> updated, the processes generating output get held up, then continue as
> soon as I generate input.
>
> This happens immediately on login, so the login never completes unless
> I waggle the mouse.
>
> Curiously, a screensaver that I tried doesn't suffer from the same problem.
>
> This is on a Dell Inspiron 1410 laptop which has the following display adapter:
>
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
> Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0c)
>
> xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.4.2-8.fc10.i386

Toshiba Satellite Pro U400 here, similar (but much more benign) sympthoms:
Sometimes firefox (most noticeable, also others) graphical applications
just stop until I move the mouse or something such.

Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
xorg-x11-drv-i810-2.4.2-8.fc10.x86_64
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513