kmod-nvidia and xorg 1.5

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:13:21 UTC 2008

Mike <mike.cloaked <at> gmail.com> writes:

> know if a corresponding kmod-nvidia is likely to be pushed from livna soon?

OK I have now found a solution - maybe this is already widely known but I only
just discovered that it is easy to build the kmod-nvidia yourself...

For f9 it seems that installing akmod-nvidia will build the necessary module
at boot time if it is not already there, and for f8 it is easy to build
manually following:

http://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2

Maybe this will help others - anyway I now have my f8 running fine with
the nvidia module with the 2.6.26 kernel.