Rawhide came and went

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sat Sep 20 08:14:39 UTC 2008

The other day an rsync'd Rawhide sucessfully installed with NFS.
Unfortunately, the current Rawhide is back to failing to install
complaining a missing repmod file;  Thanks to Anaconda's
refusal to verify source integrity before fragging the HD that
version of Rawhide is no more.

Before Anaconda blew away the working rawhide,
I was able to use the new software add/remove tool.  For once
it asked for authorization instead of just giving up.  I'd like to
see that fix made to the Fedora 9 version.

It was also nice to see compiz working with Intel graphics.

I was having problems with the sound system but the new
rsync tree removed the evidence.

I also recall that Stellarium didn't work - it briefly displayed
some chicken scratches on the screen and quit.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665