Random system freezings on a AMD Turion X2 machine and Fedora 9.

mhydra svetoslav.chukov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:15:12 UTC 2008

Hello all,
I experience very strange kernel panics on my laptop with Fedora 9.
The kernel is 2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686.debug but I have that problems with
other kernels too.
So, basically the machine just freezes and I hear some loud high tone
from my speakers without any reason for that. I notice that most of
the panics happen after starting of wine and some audio applications
is working, and probably they are connected.  So, probably wine and
pulseaudio are the reasons of these kernel panics.
The last time I had such panic I had also a log of the panic. I have
kernel.* included in /etc/rsyslog file.
Please have a look at the attached file for the full log.

--
Svetoslav P. Chukov