Help me triage

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 03:55:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com> wrote:

> The problem is that RHEL and Fedora bugs are in the same bugzilla view. I
> sometimes have a lot of bugs in my view. I use the NEW state to know which one
> I have not started working on vs the ones that I am interacting with the
> reporter. If there was another state, in-work, I could better tell what is in
> flight and what has not been touched by me and you could do your triaging
> without causing me to lose my own state. :)

I think that this is a reasonable request. You have to understand that
due to the packages that Steve maintains, they can get quite a few bug
reports. If Steve went through his day managing mail from Bugzilla, no
work would actually ever get done :) It's even worse for the kernel
guys.

Here is Steve's current list that I can see - note that since he
maintains many security-sensitive packages (that is after all his job
:) ), there are likely bugs that I can't see, even doubly so since he
maintains some of the same packages for RHEL, most of which are marked
private in my experience even if they aren't (a pet peeve of mine, but
that's for another thread.....)

http://tinyurl.com/45nsdx

As you can see, quite a workload to manage :)