HD4670 - Fedora 10 Alpha.

Craig Cruden cacruden at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:34:08 UTC 2008

I did a test run - installing Fedora 10 Alpha on a new computer (to make
sure the machine was put together properly), and I plan to try the Beta when
I get a copy of it....

BUT, I am guessing that the Open Source drivers are having problems with
that card - is that going to improve on the Alpha install?

When I installed, it would not use the graphical installer - and decided
that the only way it would install would be in terminal mode.

Upon first reboot, the "cylon" screen came up (all blank colour with a bar
going back and forth).... It just stopped there.  I believe it fell back to
terminal mode again, but it was hidden behind this screen so I could not see
what I was entering (i.e. after I was hitting keys, and enter many times -
it did finish - but it was configured all wrong since I really did not know
what I was doing).