Announcing Fedora 11 Beta

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Wed Apr 1 12:31:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, John Summerfield wrote:

> I've clicked and clicked and clicked, but I cannot see the answer;
>
> Where are we up to with virtualisation, and Xen in particular?

Fedora dom0 xen support is waiting for at least basic support to be put
into the upstream kernels, which should happen during the current merge
window for 2.6.30, but there is still a bit of arguing over it so it isn't
certain. Hence it won't be in F11, though might be in F12.

Dom0 does however work (at least some of the time) in F11, and there are
kernels based on the Fedora kernels with dom0 support added in at
http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/ using patches from the git
repository of the xen developer Jeremy Fitzhardinge
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=summary
and should be close to what is proposed for 2.6.30. These kernels are not
however expected to be bug-free.

 	Michael Young