F11B Non-Starter on ThinkPad T400

I'll try and circle back around to file bug reports on this later.

In the meantime, F11 Beta on my ThinkPad T400 will not only not install,
I can't get past what appears to be the first splash screen. This
ThinkPad comes with both Intel and ATI (Radeon HD3400) graphics.

I have tried both the Radeon Test Day and the standard X86_64 ISOs
booting them from a USB drive I created using the Live USB tool on F10.
It makes no difference if I use the Radeon chip (aka Discreete Graphics)
or the Intel chip (aka Integrated Graphics). In each case, F11 Beta
boots to a blank, white screen with no visible text.

I'm trying to figure out how to interrupt the boot sequence and pass a
kernel parameter to stop mode setting (nomodeset ???), but have been
unsuccessful so far because, since the screen is always blank, I have no
way of knowing what I'm looking at.

F10 runs just fine on this system. Ideas on how to get past this
appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

--