upon starting the desktop, the cursor is an ugly square

  as soon as i log into my f11b gnome desktop, my cursor changes from
the standard arrow to a square, about 1.5 x 1.5 cm in size, and it
appears to remain a square until i finally select an application to
run, at which point it reverts to its normal cursor form and
everything is fine.  known issue?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.