Re: a couple early observations on f11beta install

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  on a couple of my gateway mx7120s -- one i386 install and one x86_64
install:

* would it be possible to have as constantly as possible the type of
install being displayed, as in i386 versus x86_64?  sometimes, if i'm
doing multiple installs, i have to put sticky notes on some of the
units just to remember which install is happening on each one.  would
it be a stretch to try and display that info as frequently as
possible?

* i noticed this with f11alpha as well but sometimes, when i start an
install and i already know the media is good and want to skip the
testing, there is a *noticeable* stall when i try to arrow over from
"OK" to "Skip".

  these two systems both got to that point at the same time, but the
x86_64 system responded instantly when i selected to skip the media
test, while the i386 install took, literally, about 10 seconds of
pressing the arrow key before it finally moved over to "Skip".  is
there a reason for that occasional delay?

  more later.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.

I too like to write some of my observations of F11 beta on my HP dv9237eu laptop. The webcam doesn't work, still needs that firmware from http://bitbucket.org/ahixon/r5u87x/overview/ (I just thought if I nag enough about this it will magically start to work :) ) And of course the usual troubles, kernel oops, sound clicks at boot and login when it starts to play the welcome sound, have to manually enable network...

Riku