Re: F11B report/regressions

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 14:11 -0400, Jason Farrell wrote:

> Who's responsible for changing the tap default yet again?
>
> IIRC, tap-to-click was on by default in F8, then off in F9, then back on in
> F10, and now it'll be off again in F11. I'm in the pro-tap2click camp --
> precisely *because* it is so effortless to use VS button clicking, if you've
> got any dexterity at all -- but why the flip-flopping? And if there was a
> vote, I wonder what the consensus might be.

I don't recall any flip/flopping.  It went off by default in the
synaptics driver and staid that way I thought.

Tap was indeed on in F8, but in F9 it was off and there was quite the outcry about how to reenable it. In F10 it is enabled.

FWIW, tap-to-click is enabled by default in Windows, and disabled by default in Mac OSX.

--
Jason