F11 - setting mouse taps

I noticed that when I put F10 on laptops, it configured the mousepad to use taps and areas, so no actual keys were needed. And based on two installs of F11, it seems that the default is not to activate taps.

In both cases the selection of behavior is left out of the "Preferences" menu for mouse, where most users would probably look for it, or at least might stumble upon it. The only way I know to set this stuff is using an xorg.conf file, but obviously there's another way.

Any hope of getting this control in the Preferences for F11?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>