Re: F11 beta xfce i686 spin

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:11:30 +0100
psmith <johnsmithdoe14 googlemail com> wrote:

> thanks again for the help kevin, it's much appreciated :-)

Well, I can confirm here that somehow the i686 Xfce iso is not
functional. :( I get the same hang here. I know it was fine on
2009-03-25 when I last did a i686 compose.

You said you tried the gnome i686 and it worked ok?

This is quite weird. :(

I did a local compose of a i686 iso and it works fine.
I can't think of off hand any kernel changes that would be in the i686
gnome iso that would not also have been in the Xfce one. ;(

I can upload my local iso for folks to test with, but it will be a few
hours as my upload BW isn't that great here.

I'll try and figure out whats going on here.

> phil

kevin