Re: named stops resolving anything -- dnssec issue

Jonathan Kamens wrote:
At around 8:45pm Saturday night (US/Eastern) named suddenly stopped being able to resolve anything. It had been running for over two days when this started happening, and nothing changed in the config files to provoke it.

I've been running DNSSEC on a Fedora 9 server for a while and this occurred with me as well.

It appears that the DNSSEC key on the root servers has changed, but I have forgotten how to download the root keys. I'll have to dredge through the manpages to remember. For now, I, too, have had to disable DNSSEC.