Re: installation issues

On 06/04/09 17:25, Craig White wrote:
probably related to the fact that I'm trying to install on my Acer
Aspire One (1024x600)

I created a USB disk...
mount -o loop \
  Fedora-11-Beta-i386-DVD.iso /mnt/iso
livecd-iso-to-disk --reset-mbr \
  /mnt/iso/images/boot.iso /dev/sdb1
livecd-iso-to-disk \
  Fedora-11-Beta-i386-DVD.iso /dev/sdb1

Then I booted it on the Aspire One using alternate boot, USB HDD

It seems to come up with a text screen that's immediately replaced by a
graphic screen that's blank and until I touch any key and what appears
to be the grub screen scrolls up saying something like Press [TAB] to
enter options.

If I press the<Enter>  key, I am given a box that says 'Password
Required' - wtf?

Not too sure, but perchance is USB HDD luks enabled?

Frank