rawhide update schedule and reporting dependency issues?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 01:48:05 UTC 2009

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   as a short followup to my post yesterday that there's currently a
> > dependency issue in f11 beta "yum update" involving the kernel,
> > whenever i do a fedora update and i get one of those dependency
> > errors, i typically assume it's just a timing issue and, given a few
> > hours, things will right themselves.  under that assumption:
> >
> >   1) when those things happen, what's the proper reaction?  certainly,
> > it's not worth a bugzilla but is it worth just mentioning on the
> > appropriate mailing list, maybe to just confirm that others are seeing
> > the same thing?
>
> Worth posting here definitely. It is not the same as a bug report but
> serves as a heads-up to others and you can get some confirmation. Then
> you can file a bug report after that.

Is it really worth posting about everyday dependency issues? As noted on
-devel-list, there's some kind of dependency issue almost every day,
it's pretty much par for the course. There is an automated notification
of dependency issues sent to -devel-list (and I think direct to the
affected maintainers). They're usually fixed the next day. I think
posting about them to this list would be basically noise.

Personally I'd only post about a dependency issue if it had been ongoing
for several days and it hadn't already been discussed here or
-devel-list.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey