Beta Install Issue

I have a spare HD that was used in a hardware raid array. When
I have zeroed it, and created a type 83 partition on it but I
still can't get the installer to decide to use it as it feels its
part of a dmraid set.

How can I overcome this or better yet, write to the area on the hd
that the raid controller did to put the old outdated raid info on.

Thanks!
jlc