RE: Beta Install Issue

>dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX bs=1024
>
>should handle it I would think.
>
>obviously, you really want to make sure that you replace sdX with
>something very accurate.

Yeah, I ran that for the first few megs, but it looks like mdadm
doesn't recognize the device as an md device (obviously) so a
mdadm --zero-superblock doesn't work:

# mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdb1
mdadm: Unrecognised md component device - /dev/sdb1

I am hoping to avoid dd'ing the whole disk, its huge. From what I can
tell, the superblock is near the end. Maybe a dd with a seek?

jlc