Re: malformed boot.iso in i586 rawhide today - 20090407 - panic trying to find init

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 19:51 -0400, G.Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
There is, finally, an i386 image directory in rawhide, but I can't test
install it because the boot.iso is malformed and gets a kernel panic
trying to start the anaconda init with an "init not found" error.

Did my burn fail or is this seen by others?

I'm seeing this as well, still investigating.

I wouldn't be exactly shocked if this had to do with the other i386-compose problems, if rpm memory is getting corrupted somehow as it seems from the errors... the fact that it appeared to complete this time could just mean the corruption hit some other part.

But dunno, investigating here too. So far I haven't managed to reproduce anything like the memory corruption.

	- Panu -