ATI radeon Xpress 1270 video forced me to go with simple video

  just unwrapped my spanking new (ok, refurbished) gateway m-1626,
with ATI radeon xpress 1270 video, and going with a default install
with f11 beta x86_64 results in the install hanging right after:

  detecting hardware ...

this is entirely reproducible, and all of the text being printed
before that ends up shifted to the right on the screen almost 1/2 way
across.

  eventually selected installing with simple video driver and it got
past that point nicely.  just thought i'd mention it.

rday

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday