Solution to "not sure what component to file against" problems?

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Fri Apr 10 06:30:50 UTC 2009

Someone a while back proposed adding a "000-Not-Sure-Which-Component"
component to Bugzilla, to prevent bugs being filed against 0xFFFF since
it is alphabetically first.  Presumably these would be sorted out by
triagers.

Does anyone have feelings for or against this idea?

It seems this might also short-circuit many emails that are sent to this
list, like the one below.

-B.