Re: at this point, firefox 3.1 beta 3 is unusable

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  first, the two sessions i had up froze solid, which required
"killall firefox".  a new session i started lasted less than 10
seconds before it vanished.

  time for a different browser, methinks, until this is sorted out.

I have been using Firefox 3.1b2 and later 3.1b3 on multiple F10 x86_64 machines for the last few months. It is remarkably stable, though not perfect. I have seen the random crash here or there. The most reproducible one is going to ted.com. Watch a video, go back or forward. Sometimes it will crash. I suspect it is more flash than Firefox. The version of flash is 10.0.22.87, and it is 64bit.