Re: at this point, firefox 3.1 beta 3 is unusable

Robert L Cochran wrote:
I'm not having any problems with firefox.

(And I'm looking forward to your virtualization tutorial.)

Bob

On 04/11/2009 05:39 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
   first, the two sessions i had up froze solid, which required
"killall firefox".  a new session i started lasted less than 10
seconds before it vanished.

   time for a different browser, methinks, until this is sorted out.

rday
I am running rawhide on a dell d620 laptop. Firefox exits when starting a video in youtube. Running from the command line I get three messages like:

ALSA lib pcm pulse.c.626:(pulse prepare) PulseAudio: Unable to create stream: Too large

followed by many mmap failure errors followed by
   firefox: pulse.c:200 new: Assertion "p->context' failed