Re: how to adjust PCM volume?

--- On Sun, 4/12/09, Adrin Jalali <adrin jalali gmail com> wrote:

> From: Adrin Jalali <adrin jalali gmail com>
> Subject: how to adjust PCM volume?
> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list redhat com>
> Date: Sunday, April 12, 2009, 8:28 AM
> hi. using rawhide, my sound output is low, I had this
> problem using fedora
> 10, but there, I could increase PCM output (if i remember
> correctly) from
> volume control
> now I can't do that because the volume control is for
> pulseaudio and does
> not contain a place to adjust those volumes
> where can I find them?
>
> Best,
> Adrin.
> --

You can use
$ alsamixer -c 0
where 0 is the first soundcard.  Adjust it to your liking and save the settings
# /sbin/alsactl store

If you just use
$ alsamixer
by itself you will see PULSEAUDIO probably at 100%, but you may also need to adjust
$ pavucontrol
which is the command line control for pulseaudio.

Regards,

Antonio