Re: Specifying How Yum Downloads Updates

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM, shmuel siegel <fedora shmuelhome mine nu> wrote:

Obviously, some people have different criteria from you as to what appeals to them. There is some value to knowing which files remain to be downloaded. I personally found the pkg size behavior more pleasing. (Seth, I thought that you would want confirmation that you can't win)
But I will agree that "raving" is a bit extreme.

I myself strongly prefer packages to be downloaded alphabetically because it's easier to see which packages are remained. It's so usable for me as it's easier to write a script to download remaining packages using a multi-connection download manager.

adrin.