Re: ath9k dead periods

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 09:26:56AM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
>   To clarify, I never see the wireless connection drop or
> even the signal level dip according to the wireless signal
> indicator in the gnome menu bar. I don't understand how it
> can't be driver related as I never have this problem with
> a direct ethernet connection to the same machine. I guess
> we should open up a bug report on this issue. Does anyone
> else see a similar problem with any other wireless driver?
> If not, it should be specific to the ath9k so how.

I have seen it with both my intel 3945 and ath9k adapters.  If I kill
NetworkManager and manually configure the iwconfig and ifconfig
settings, the problem goes away.  If I turn on debugging for the 3945
adapter, the dropouts correspond to NetworkManager changing the
frequency of the adapter to scan for APs.

Robin