ath9k dead periods

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Apr 14 20:16:37 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ath9k dead periods
From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu>
To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
Date: 04/13/2009 10:21 PM

>    Is anyone else having problems with the ath9k wireless
> drivers in current rawhide? I find that for all of the

I have not had throughput issues, but I am using G right now instead of
N because the N performance of this driver is poor.

The issues I have had are when the laptop has not had any network
activity, it will "drop" off the network. I have to ping or use a
network service on the laptop before outside sources can reach it.

Also, sometimes IPv6 will randomly stop working, then randomly start
working again. Sometimes it will get an IPv6 address but not the routing
info.

I am using kernel-2.6.29.1 for F10 on F10 from koji.