Re: Specifying How Yum Downloads Updates

Bob Gustafson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 08:39 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

>> The only problem I see here is that Evolution depending on openldap was a
>> surprise to you.
>
> And 152 other packages that got whacked too..

You are just blaming the messenger here. Upstream software might
introduce hard dependencies or package maintainers might not have split
up the packages. Yum is just informing you of the dependencies specified
It is not responsible for the dependencies itself.

Rahul