X occasionally freezes

Every once in a while X freezes - no effect from keyboard of
mouse clicks.  The only fix seems to be rebooting.
This is with the Intel 4500 HD, Gnome.  Compiz enabled (though
it has frozen before, without Compiz, IIRC).

It was especially ennoying today, as I was filing my taxes
(using the web version of TaxACT), and I had to redo some stuff.
(It turned out not to take too long.)
--
	--Per Bothner
per bothner com   http://per.bothner.com/