compiz configuration and documentation

I've accidentally stumbled on some compiz features.
However, things don't seem to behave as described in
http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/

First, http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/CCSM talks
about configuration, but I don't see where to start that up.
Instead, there is just the bare-bones "Desktop Effects" tool.

Ctrl-Alt-Down seems to enable Expo mode, but it is only in
effect as long as the button are held down, and I can't
reposition windows as described in
http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/Plugins/Expo

This was somewhat helpful:
http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/CommonKeyboardShortcuts