Re: kernel-PAE hangs at boot -- did I do something wrong?

Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
I installed last night from the KDE Snapshot 1 disc, and today I
noticed that my kernel was i586. I wasn't noticing any actual
problems, but from what I've read most modern Pentium-esque processors
should be able to support the i686-PAE kernel so I wanted to try it.

Do you have an objection to running 64-bit Fedora? It obsoletes PAE, and your applications can see all available RAM, not just the 4 Gbytes 32-bit addresses give.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait