Re: kernel-PAE hangs at boot -- did I do something wrong?

2009/4/17 John Summerfield <debian herakles homelinux org>:
> Do you have an objection to running 64-bit Fedora? It obsoletes PAE, and
> your applications can see all available RAM, not just the 4 Gbytes 32-bit
> addresses give.

I've never tried 64-bit -- does it provide any concrete benefits? I've
always been a bit intimidated by all of the posts about multilib
craziness, and it didn't seem like it would be worth it ... :)

FWIW, there's exactly 4G of memory in this machine at the moment, so
64-bit shouldn't make a difference to the available RAM.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.