Re: kernel-PAE hangs at boot -- did I do something wrong?

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 17:18 +0100, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:

> I've never tried 64-bit -- does it provide any concrete benefits? I've
> always been a bit intimidated by all of the posts about multilib
> craziness, and it didn't seem like it would be worth it ... :)

You get access to a lot more cpu registers, which in theory makes things
go faster.  There is a penalty in that objects take up more memory
space.  Multilib is only a concern if you want to continue running
something 32bit.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!