problem using new volume control

hi,
the new volume control misses many old one features. I can not set my pci volume with it and I should use alsamixer -c 0 to do that.
I think it's not preferred for end user.
Also I can not change my microphone device with even alsamixer -c 0. my laptop has 2 microphone inputs. How can I change it?
Are these features supposed to be added to this volume control? If not, how can I install the old one?

Best,
Adrin.