How To Fix The Grub Splash Image

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sun Apr 19 12:33:20 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 21:26 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> gimp Artwork-F11-grub.xpm.gz
> Click Image on the menu bar and then Mode and notice that Mode is set to
> 'RGB'. Click the radio button to select "Indexed..." instead.
> Under Color map, click the radio button for "Generate optimum palette",
> and under that change the maximum from 255 colors to 14.
> Click Convert.
> Click File...Save As... and rename the file to something else but keep
> the xpm.gz extension. For example, "Artwork-F11-v4-grub.xpm.gz".
> Accept the default Alpha threshold you are offered for XPM.

Thanks for the fix Bob.  Although I did it one step easier I guess, by
just saving the fixed file somewhere else and recopying it back to it's
original path and not having to edit grub.

Anyway, that fixed it, so thanks again.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org