Re: Rawhide coming together today.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 01:47:55 -0700,
  Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf omen com> wrote:

> It is still a disappointment that Firefox does not support Flash out of
> the box.
> Nowadays Flash is almost as much a part of the internet as is HTML.
> (OK I exaggerate, but not that much.)

Gee, I had the opposite problem. With the fedora flash plugins installed
firefox forced one of the flash mime types to use a plugin. You couldn't
changed it to save in preferences. (This was about a week ago, but has been
partly fixed since.)

Whether flash is important or is a scourge is dependent on the viewer.
Personally I have no need to see any flash, and I really don't like web pages
that have motion. And plugins are an additional security risk on top of what
you normally have using firefox.

I would rather see firefox make it easy to make save the default for all
mime types and allow you to pick which few you want rendered by default.