Re: Draft email to maintainers regarding Priority / Severity in Bugzilla

John Summerfield wrote:

> I'm the only person able to assess the importance of a bug _to me._ If a
> bug in any package, no matter how unimportant it might seem to some
> triager, prevents my use of a computer, then that bug is critically
> important to me.
>
> That importance does not mean that anyone has to assign massive
> resources to fixing it, but dismiss my assessment as irrelevant and I
> will be offended.

+1

If severity is supposed to mean "how bad a bug is for the reporter",
then ignoring the reporters assessment of that severity seems somewhere
between arrogant and counterproductive.

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno gmail com