Re: yum update: Fatal error, run database recovery ??

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Richard Hughes wrote:

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 08:35 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
Safe how? It's likely the package won't be rebuilt properly but it
shouldn't damage anything other than the pkg it is trying to rebuild.

Cool, that's what I wanted to know. PackageKit allows the user to cancel
the transaction when the package is being rebuilt, and I wondered if
this could cause the rpmdb corruption people are seeing. I guess this
isn't the case.

Well... that all depends whether the rpmdb is open when the packages are getting rebuilt or not.

	- Panu -