Re: Draft email to maintainers regarding Priority / Severity in Bugzilla

> As I said yesterday, answer this question: who does it actually benefit
> to have a field which demonstrates how strongly the bug reporter feels
> about the bug? How does that help anyone else in any way at all? How
> does it help us build a better product?

If there are a thousand bugs to be triaged, I think it would be useful
to start with the ones that reporters self-identify as most severe.
There's a risk that some wheels will squeak unjustifiably, but that's
diminished by having clear guidelines, and I say, so what if a few minor
bugs get triaged quickly.

How do maintainers currently decide which bugs to fix first, and is the
result of that decision-making process transparent?  It seems like that
is the problem that Priority is trying to solve, though that is
different from the question you asked.

-B.