Re: a draft-bugzilla-entry proposal ?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: a draft-bugzilla-entry proposal ?
From: Adam Williamson <awilliam redhat com>
To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases <fedora-test-list redhat com>
Date: 04/22/2009 09:44 AM

We've actually had a similar proposal (000_Unknown_Component) bouncing
around for a few weeks now, but haven't had a final decision on it. I
like your refinements to the idea in theory, but I'm not sure they can
be made to work in practice - Bugzilla doesn't necessarily have the
capacity to do all those things.

Instead of defaulting a component, Bugzilla should not select any component. If you hit "commit" you will get an error about not selecting a component. However, would this lead people to just randomly select a component?