DNS issues

Richard Körber fedora at ml.shredzone.de
Wed Apr 22 22:56:38 UTC 2009

Hi!

I just installed F11 beta and updated to the latest packages. It was working
fine so far, but then suddenly I got issues with domain name resolving.

When I use Firefox, Thunderbird, wget, whatever, I always get an error message
that the domain name could not be resolved. Anyhow the network is up, DNS
server IPs are set correctly and I can even use dig and ping to successfully
resolve domain names. When I enter a plain IP address at Firefox, it also
fetches the page correctly.

Configuration files seem to be correct, there are no hints in the log files, I
even checked that there is no proxy set, but I found nothing. I created a
clean user to make sure there is no configuration messed up. I rebooted the
system, but still got that issue. I'm totally clueless now...

Is this a F11 bug? I have had a look at bugzilla, but I wasn't sure what I
should search for.

Regards
--
Richard "Shred" Körber