Re: Rawhide install from CD is really unacceptably slow

> Somebody's really dropped the ball on performance here somewhere.
> It's difficult to know which component to blame though; any ideas?

Check the other terminals for error messages regarding the CD.  A badly
burnt or partially unreadable CD can cause a lot of IO that will drag
things down.

For what its worth, I don't see the same kind of slowness on any of the
test machines at my disposal, i386, x86_64, and even old ppc32.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!