Re: any thoughts on why firefox is still nad-grindingly slow?

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 06:22:49AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, Bill Crawford wrote:
>   i'm willing to entertain suggestions for tests.  just now, i had one
> invocation of firefox and one invocation of seamonkey running.  i
> terminated seamonkey, and it went away.  i terminated firefox and it's
> still sitting there, in limbo, with the "quit firefox" dialog only
> partially displayed on the screen, after 30 seconds, utterly
> unresponsive.
Is this reproducible? Is it accompanied by high CPU usage? If so, I'd
definitely stick a profiler on it (OProfile or sysprof). If not, I'd
attach a debugger to it and break while it's paused. At this point, you
can figure out where (and hopefully why) it's waiting.

- Ben