Re: No numeric keypad in Rawhide

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Steven I Usdansky wrote:

--- On Fri, 4/10/09, psmith <psmith fedoraproject org> wrote:

From: psmith <psmith fedoraproject org>
Subject: Re: No numeric keypad in Rawhide
Boot into runlevel 3. Keypad works. Run startx. No
response when pressing any key on the keypad. Anyone else
seeing this or have any suggestions as to a fix?

i think that starting in rl3 and using startx doesn't start
all the needed session helpers in F11, try starting gdm (su
-c 'gdm') from rl3 instead of startx and see if that works

phil

Failures:
1. exec ck-xinit-session in ~/.Xclients-default
2. su - c gdm
3. login as root, then run gdm
4. modifying /etc/X11/xorg.conf to use evdev instead of kbd driver
  (got to have xorg.conf to get 1680x1050 with my 82845G/GL chipset)

Sorry, but what does this mean? Do you have also problem with numeric keys, and those are the things you have tried? Just asking because my numeric keys are also "dead". Well.. they move the mouse pointer instead printing letters.. numlock switching does not change anything.

Adam Pribyl